Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2021

HAPPI BITHDAE!

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Today is my birthday! Many good things come my way! :D 

I had everything I wanted! A slice of choco cake of my choice, a cuppa that I requested for from The Coffee Bean, family steamboat meal on my birthday! Oh and my desired gift of an outing bag after contemplating since last Christmas!

Steamboat was awesome! It was the second time that my fam is having a steamboat together! The first time didn't go too well... dad purposely went to buy another table that incurred the wrath of mum and I... this year was better as were more aware of expectations and everyone lent an efficient helping hand! I enjoyed my steamboat birthday lunch with my loved ones :)

For some time now, there have been constructions on-going at my estate car park. My fam had been tracking the workers' work progress and sympathetic abour their long hours... we discussed about buying them some food and drinks... and today WAS THE DAY!!!!!! Cos it's AY's birthday, so AY volunteered to get them drinks and prata! Take it as a good deed done on my birth day! Haha!

Off JXAY went, to get 2 prata sets from the best prata stall in Serangoon North and 2 bottles of chilly 100 plus! AY was shy so tasked JX to hand over to the workers. They seemed shocked, and happy! We returned home a tad chirpier like a little cheap thrill or the fact that we intentionally did a good deed~

4 hours went by and it started to rain... the workers went to seek shelter and eventially left the site. I spotted the red plastic bag still lying at the corner where they have placed it... was the prata inside? Mum was upset. She told me that they have left it there, forgotten once the rain came and washed away their toil of day... The bag is still there. 

Somehow I felt sad. Somehow, mum seemed sadder than I am because her heart ached over AY's effort and kind thought. Somehow the familiar phrase of hao xin mei hao bao drifted several times through my head...

Would the workers have felt guilty when they eventually recall that they might have left it there? :( 

My $6 of prata down the drain? It might be peanuts to you, but it was my spontaneity, my effort and my willingness to gift, that was broken. 

Well, at least we have tried. At least we have the heart to, that's how human beings comfort themselves.

This year, several of my last year's batch of geog students wished me happy birthday. They added that they missed my lessons and that I was their favourite teacher! Are these the little words that keep teachers' sparks alive? I thought that mine had extinguished every teachers day, year by year. I dont think this keeps my flame alive. Its my love for the subject. These kids that appreciate, adds fuel to it! Nevertheless, #hellomsyeo is glad.

This year might have been one of the more memorable birthdays! Last year was school time due to the circuit breaker and K delivered Collins Fish and Chips to my school for my lunch!! Now, I recalled how happy I was! This year was precious family time... i dont know how long more I might dine with my family and spend so much time with them like this. As I would be moving out in the coming years... :(

Every moment together is a memory forged. Though sometimes contrived... oh wells...

AY is thankful for today. And AY's heart is filled for today. Just some nagging thoughts about my forgotten prata :( and how fast time passes, 12 June is ending soon and time is going by too fleetingly, its so sad!!! 



No comments:

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.