Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Birthday Wishes~

Sunday, October 25, 2020

 I have always wondered what people wish for on birthdays.

As mush as I want to ask "what did you wish for?", I hold back as I know that wishes aren't supposed to be shared lest it doesnt come true.

What did people wish for? Was it a desire of selfish selves or was it a wish for the betterment of life of others? There was a point in my life when I stopped making childish wishes like getting a cool toy, getting stellar grades or becoming rich. This point in time made me wish for the intangible. I wished that my parents would not quarrel, or I wished that my family would be happy and harmonious together

However, I realised that the wishes, even if they were indeed fulfilled, was really short lived. Nothing lasted consistently for an entire year till my next wise year.

At some point in time, I also felt that wishes were a lie. This magical element never existed. It was all for show. However, during K's celebration yesterday, I earnestly asked him to make a wish! It gives people this glimmer of hope, that perhaps, the wish would come true for others, even though it doesnt work on you. Maybe the wish fairies would prefer to reward him.

I should not find out what he had wished for. It is one's secret and for one to keep.

But still, did people wish for their selfish selves or for family or benevolently for the world?

AY's heart aint that big yet, very honestly.

No comments:

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.