Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2019

The older ones.

Sunday, July 21, 2019
Its perplexing. I meet funny people around. How should i describe them? Well, they don't really behave as the majority crowd would. So how do you categorise them? Funny people? Unusual people? Lonely people? I dont know...

Yesterday, I witnessed two cases.
Early in the morn onboard the bus, a middle-aged passenger boarded the bus and started lecturing a fellow passenger beside me who was at work with her laptop on her lap. She went on and on about the dangers of prolonged use of the laptop hurting the eyes, and how she knew of an accident that occurred and the fellow became blind. So poor laptop user closed the lid and listened to her, giving me a forced smile of ackklnowledgement of the predicament she was in.
After school yet again, while queuing for the bus at the bus interchange, a man behind me started talking to every passenger in his queue behind him. He started with "Do I look like a joker?"... The response was politically a resounding No. And then he affirmed himself that he was merely a very funny man. He next targetted a passer-by who wore a merxedez benz shirt and asked if he was a runner... and then he asked the lady beside me "Singaporeans say stupid things sometimes right?" Her response seemed to satisfy him... then he went on to chat with stranger beside him, saying "You know why I like to talk to you? Look at all the young people, all using their phones..." Yup, I was one said young person. So afraid he would interrogate me next, I stealthily left the queue to queue for another bus that also brings me home.

Are these people very lonely that they have no one to talk to? Do they realise that they are acting out of the norm, that they may seem different? Brings me to recall that perhaps we are all the strange ones and they are normal.

Yet today on my way out, I was stopped by an auntie at my void deck, commented that my tshirt was very nice. She likes it. Asked where I got it from... whether it was from Esprit. Told her i got it from JB... she asked if I were a msian, whether i just shifted here... if I stayed in this block and which unit number... i didnt reveal but I was taken aback.

Anyway. Why do I see more of such people? Are the youngsters neglecting the older generation? Is it because of the phone? Are people getting more lonely? Do they have fewer people to talk to?

Haiz. Its perplexing...

I cannot imagine my dad or mum talking to strangers in the future when they are alone! :/

No comments:

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.