Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy. Have you heard of it?

Saturday, May 5, 2018
Recently, the self-fulfilling prophecy has eaten me.  I never knew that this phenomenon existed until BF told me about it and accurately 'diagnosed' me with it.  He has learnt about it in Psych classes in Uni and could accurately pinpoint me having this condition. So clever! Or that I exhibit them too prominently.

It means that I preempt negative situations which have yet to happen to make myself feel better if it indeed takes place in the future.  In the past, I called this being prepared for what's to come.
But I now realised that this pessimism is eating me and sort of disrupting my life and relationships.

I have many doubts.  I dont trust people easily.  I am worried about things that might happen.  It might be my family situations that make me fear what might replay in the future.  A friend, S, said that my pessimism is too much. But he is known for being overly-optimistic.  Haha.  First time having such a friend.

But my pessimism is getting a little outta control.  At this stage where I am progressing into another stage of life soon... I worry that things wont work out.  I worry that BF might change and become another person that I would not imagine.  I wonder how we will be in the future.

Unfounded worries and thoughts.  But.  Isnt it better if I were to know now, instead of later on and then regret my actions?  But.  Nobody will ever know.

The self-fulfilling prophecy can strain relationships.

So am I supposed to make myself feel positive from now?

They say, just dont worry about things that are not happening.

Okay, I'll try.

Oh!  How to have faith?  I have asked this several times already.  But actually I still dont know the way to.

Nonetheless, I'll try.  So please do not disappoint me.  And help me to believe and trust in
you, all of you.


TBH, this FB post got me thinking whoaaaaa... finally how I used to feel is being justified! :D
Such precious words.

All's well, as of now. :)

- AY

No comments:

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.