Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Big-Head

Sunday, July 23, 2017
Some nights just feel like #reflectionnights haha

I try hard to construct self-confidence. I know that in order to succeed, face isnt everything so while schooling, I beefed up courage to speak and be good, feel positive about myself.
But sometimes, comparisons easily tear whatever you have built apart and you feel inferior.lousy.the underdog. all over again.
Praise vs. Affirmation
We need both praise and affirmation to help build a healthy self-image. Here is the difference: Praise is a positive statement about your behavior. You did something well. Affirmation is approval for just being.
So I was thinking abit too hard getting myself confused and you wonder why? Haha.
"Praise is a positive statement about your behavior. You did something well." 
I think it is okay to praise myself; I do so often, to feel confident, smart, worthwhile, important and ... useful, maybe.  Even for little trivial acts or decisions that I have made. Well, #positiveeducation, they advocate in school...

So, irregardless of whether it would make me proud or arrogant.
If I deserve those words, it would be nice to hear them, isnt it? :)
Because, you could have been the only other being to know of it, other than me, myself and I.
and maybe, praises from you would have been more impactful?

But whatever I have constructed is very vulnerable.

Tonight, I also learnt that affirmation is more than what has been frequently practiced. Maybe teachers would understand this more than others as we often practise it. The affirmations that I have received arent this way every time-
Google is awesome.  https://awidersunrise.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/praise-vs-affirmation/

P.S. Since secondary school, I recall friends calling me big-head too. Was it Lam? haha

On a sidenote, I admit that sometimes I feel jittery like as though time is running out!!! because of all the things I hear from others. But no what.
Sighs.
Too complex for my fish brain to rationalise.

Have faith in Me, and Us.
Always drilling this mantra into my head to battle with spurts of tiny trivial doubts.

힘들어.

No comments:

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.