Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

TWENTY-SIX!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Seowhwee says "We are so old..."
But I replied "But I still feel very young! Like the whole world is there for me to epxlore and to see and try and experience new things!"
Seowhwee "That's good! :)"

I couldnt sleep the night before and the reason was that I was  too excited haha!
BF said "that's how a young kid would feel haha"
But to me, birthday celebrations are so rare it's really special.
As I recounted the past more than 10 years when I no longer had a birthday cake no more bday songs, no more photos... sometimes spending it alone, planning it alone like my 21st, staying at home trying to convince and console myself that it is just another day, so nothing special about.
Feels so depressing I would often cry. 😒😩😩

But now that I have someone to share my day with, it is really special to me πŸ’—

Its interesting how ... demographics change haha...
Back then, when social media did not rule the world, friends would stay up late just to prove their significance in your life by being #number1 to wish you happybirthday via SMS or FB HAHA.
But now, much fewer people send greetings (does not matter) and that the messages now come from colleagues and the closer pals. No more 1001 acquaintances. haha.
I guess, as we move on, we figure who matters and not. Its practical and really interesting.

My face like an emoji. Expressions are written on my face. I recall how I lit up when I saw the starry necklace! Last night, I felt euphoria. Never have I gone for such a nice (classy) dinner, never have I had someone put in so much effort for me just for a birthday. Never have I had such quality time with one person on a now-special day.

BF revived the innocent feelings of excitement and surprise that I have long long lost. No wonder I felt like a kid again, being unable to sleep, awaiting the birthday to arrive. =)

It was a lovely day.


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Very sweet :)
Be blessed with another year of great health and happiness Aystarsplash :)

Content © -wanderlust-. All rights reserved.
Powered by Blogger.